In order to meet the demand for early morning cycling in Oslo in 2020, I’m looking for 2-3 people who can assist as road captains at Oslo Dawn Patrol rides. You will be responsible for organizing and leading Oslo Dawn Patrol once or twice every month. In addition you will be co-leading the group when the turn-out is high during summer.
The ideal candidate can say yes to the following:
- Cycling is your passion!
- Experienced group rider.
- Never late but always on time.
- Ability to verbally and clearly communicate important information to a large group of people (in either Norwegian or English).
- Comfortable giving feed back and directions to less experienced riders on how to ride a bike most effectively.
- Equally comfortable giving directions to riders who are much stronger and more experienced than yourself as well as tell them to shut up and slow down if that is needed.
- Basic first aid skills.
- And you can ride up Kongsveien in 6½ minute (7.45 with studs) without being pushed beyond your limit.
This is your chance to get to know a lot of great people and get well connected in the Norwegian cycling community, as well as developing your organisational and leadership skills. I’m also working on a compensation model, where you will be rewarded for your time and efforts. However, this will mostly be of a symbolic character, so don’t quit you day job just yet.
Anyone who might be interested is encouraged to reach out, regardless of gender, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, nationality, number of years you’ve been cycling etc. Nothing should hold you back.
And another thing: just because you might not think you fulfill all the points listed above doesn’t mean you aren’t the right person. None of us have it all.